In the past few months, we have heard a lot of news related to the air travel and the related accidents. But still there are people who consider air travel safer than the road\car travel. It makes people doubt about the safety of car and air travel and make them compare the safety of both these modes of travelling.
Some reasons and facts about these means of travelling are:
– Air travel is safer because the death rate of passengers is 0.6 per billion miles where as in driving the death rate is 25 per billion miles.
– For the shorter distances, driving is safer whereas in the longer distance air travel is preferred.
– According to some statistics, there are about eight to nine chance of getting into an accident while driving while in flying it is only 3 to 4 chances.
– If you still feel uncomfortable about flying, you can check the safety of the different airlines and it will also help you to choose your airline.
– Though one plane crash can have large number of fatalities, the small car accidents combined together can easily tip the scales in favor of air travel.
– Air travel is also safe and time saving, especially for long distance travel.
It is useless to fret over such details. both the means have their own risks and you cannot expect anything from the life. Overall both the means are safe but the rate of plane crash is 1 in a million. so it is considered safer.